This fine home was constructed at a cost of 12,000 Pounds in 1878 by J.T. Henderson formerly of Belleville. It was originally referred to as "Thurreson Place" and served as a family home. J.T. Henderson was "trained in the law..."but instead opened a very successful mercantile house in Perth from which he sold various products such as dry goods, liquor, and steamer tickets. The house was later taken over by his daughter Jessie Mable.