This fine home was constructed at a cost of 12,000 Pounds in 1878 by J.T. Henderson formerly of Belleville. It was originally referred to as "Thurreson Place" and served as a family home. J.T. Henderson was "trained in the law..."but instead opened a very successful mercantile house in Perth from which he sold various products such as dry goods, liquor, and steamer tickets.